THE GOOD COMPANIONS CLUB INCLUDING WALL TO LEFT PART OF FRONTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1115706

Date first listed: 24-Oct-1950

Statutory Address: THE GOOD COMPANIONS CLUB INCLUDING WALL TO LEFT PART OF FRONTAGE, 3, NEW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GOOD COMPANIONS CLUB INCLUDING WALL TO LEFT PART OF FRONTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115706 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 14:33:48.

Location

Statutory Address: THE GOOD COMPANIONS CLUB INCLUDING WALL TO LEFT PART OF FRONTAGE, 3, NEW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Medway (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 74694 67923

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ROCHESTER NEW ROAD TQ 7467 NW 12/178 No 3 (The Good Companions Club) 24.10.50 including wall to left part of frontage GV II Former house, now a club, with service wing attached to left. Early C19. Flemish bond gault brick; Welsh slate hipped roof. End stacks. Double depth central entrance plan. 2 storeys. Front (of main house): 3 bays, the centre bay projecting slightly, with corner pilasters, all under moulded stucco cornice. The windows are arranged to resemble Venetian windows: all with sashes (6 panes below, 10 above) under a stone round- headed arch, flanked by recessed sliding louvred shutters under flat arches, with continuous stone sills. All details appear to be original. Stone Ionic doorcase, frieze with 2 wreaths, cornice and entablature. Service wing (with C20 cornice tile roof), 2 window range with 12-pane sashes in reveals under flat brick arches. Paired central, and 2 angle, inset pilaster strips. Wall in front of service wing with cast-iron floriated spikes to coping. C20 single storeyed extension to right. Rear: mid C20 ground floor extension. Rendered 1st floor preserves tripartite facade with 2 outer segmental bows with c.1900 barred casements. Central c.1820 blank quatrefoil with plaster frame. Recessed pilaster strips articulate the elevation. Right return with 1st floor sash window in recessed panel.

Listing NGR: TQ7469167920

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 173108

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing