INGLEWOOD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1115710

Date first listed: 10-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: INGLEWOOD, BADGERSRAKE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of INGLEWOOD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115710 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 20:55:21.

Location

Statutory Address: INGLEWOOD, BADGERSRAKE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ledsham

National Grid Reference: SJ 34669 75742

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 37 NW LEDSHAM C.P. BADGERSRAKE LANE (West Side)

1/4 Inglewood.

GV II

Formerly large house, now training centre: 1909 and dated 1915,for FH Fox. Mainly timber-framed, some ashlar red sandstone and some stone dressed English garden wall bond brown brick. Bellcast half-hipped Lake land green slate roofs and 7 tall brick chimneys.Vernacular revival. Rectangular plan of 3 fronts. 2 and 3-storey, 8-bay east entrance front. Stone plinth and close studding. 2-storey nearly central projecting gabled and ball finialled stone porch with date and arms over a moulded doorcase with 4-light square mullioned window above. Semi-circular oriels on ground storey to either side. 5th bay is a projecting gable withjettying at each floor, and wood mullioned windows. Servants wing to the right in same style. Left 2 bays of brick contain main chimney breast. 2-storey, 5-bay nearly symmetrical south front. Stone dressed brick below, timber-framed above. End bays project under half-hipped gables. Between is a balcony on wooden piers with 4-light stone mullioned and transomed windows and basket arched doorway below, wooden mullioned and transomed windows above. West front is similar but less distinguished. Fine lead rainwater heads throughout. Interior: mixture of Jacobean and late C17 styles. Oak fittings throughout. Large entrance hall with heavy ceiling beams and joists on wooden piers. Twisted baluster stair with square newels and obelisk finials divides to left and right. 4-centred arched stone fireplace with Jacobean overmantel and beaten iron hood over the fire. Fluted pilasters and flat hoods on carved consoles to doorcases. Common Room has light oak fittings. Doorcases with torches and entablatures. Panelled dado contains finely carved strapwork pilasters and Jacobean frieze. Bold plaster borders to the ceiling of vines. Very broad doorway to room to right. Dining Room, has screen of 4 fluted columns. Heavy mid C18-style plaster ceiling and Neo-Classical fireplace with an iron grate. Former study now manager's room upstairs is panelled in Jacobean style throughout. Carved stone fireplace with pair of griffons, and carved stone doorcase to anteroom with running border of animals, birds and vines, crest at the centre.

Listing NGR: SJ3466975742

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55647

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing