This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

38, CHAPEL STREET, 36, CHAPEL STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 38, CHAPEL STREET, 36, CHAPEL STREET

List entry Number: 1115762

Location

36, CHAPEL STREET
38, CHAPEL STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 336246

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1, 5111 CHAPEL STREET BD1 (east side)

Nos 36 and 38 SE 1633 SE 37/355

II GV

2. (There are no Nos 32-34). A large 4-storey warehouse/office block. Circa 1870-71 design by Andrews and Delanney. V grooved horizontal rustication to ashlar ground floor and partial basement, finished off by moulded first floor sill course; sill bands to top floors; console brackets to projecting eaves cornice. Hipped slate roof Italianate corniced chimney stack. Nine bay broad front with close set segmental arched ground and first floor windows. Panelled aprons to ground floor windows with recessed surrounds, keystones to arches. First floor windows have impost band carried up over arches, incised panels between. Off centre segmental arched waggon way and long semi-circular arched office portal in north end bay. The latter has double doors with moulded panels, carved lintel on profiled consoles surmounted by crest set in front of fanlight; spaced voussoirs to arch and keystone with mask breaking through sill course. Three-storey, 3 window extension with open ground floor, linking No 30. No 36 is dated 1871.

Listing NGR: SE1689033136

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE1689033136

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115762 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 11:24:34.

End of official listing