ST RONANS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1115794

Date first listed: 02-Dec-1991

Statutory Address: ST RONANS, KING EDWARD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST RONANS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115794 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 10:30:32.

Location

Statutory Address: ST RONANS, KING EDWARD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Medway (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 74102 68165

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ROCHESTER KING EDWARD ROAD TQ 7468 SW ( north east side) 1797/9/10000 St Ronans - II Large house, later part of School. Designed in 1899 built in 1900 for his own occupation by the local architect G E Bond in Arts and Crofts style. Built of red brick in stretched bond with stone dressings, applied timber framing with pebble dashed infill to gables and tiled roof with 4 brick chimney stacks. Asymmetrical building of 2 storeys and attic with irregular fenestration. South elevation has projecting gable to left, timber framed with pebble dashed infill, and 1st floor cambered sash with stained glass and to ground floor integral hipped coach house. Right side also has timber framed gable with pebble dashed infill with attic casement, 1st floor has mullioned and transomed window with stained glass to upper part and central sash above doorcase which has round-headed door with round headed stone canopy with brackets incoporating the date (1900) and initials (GEB)of the architect. Right corner has octagonal turret with crenellated parapet and lead dome with finial. North elevation has 2 pairs of cambered sashes without grazing bars to 1st floor and ground floor has right side 5 light square bay, left side cambered sash and angled 4 light bay on left corner. Unusually complete interior of the period includes elaborate floriate stained glass panels to hall door, oak staircase with scrolled tread ends, 2 turned balusters to each tread and newel post with floral motif and coloured floor tiles with floral pattern. Drawing room has wide cornice and fireplace with eared architrave, pilasters and fine quality tiled sides and hearth. Dining-room has brown marble fireplace, ceiling with strapwork design, deep plastered cornice and corner display niche. Morning room has fire place with oval paterea and pilasters.

Listing NGR: TQ7410268165

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 173098

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing