CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1115848

Date first listed: 17-Nov-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115848 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 13:30:40.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Milton Keynes (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tyringham and Filgrave

National Grid Reference: SP 85931 46699

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for;

SP 84 NE TYRINGHAM WITH FILGRAVE TYRINGHAM

5/206 Church of St Peter

17.11.66 II

the grade shall be amended to II* (star)

------------------------------------

SP 84 NE TYRINGHAM WITH FILGRAVE TYRINGHAM

5/206 Church of St.Peter

17.11.66

- II

Parish church. Tower: Lower part C12, upper part and west window early C16. Stone, with battlemented parapet. Church rebuilt 1871 by E.J.Tarver, rockfaced stone, slate roofs. Nave and apsidal chancel with S. chapel and vestry, N. porch. Gabled vestry door with pinnacles carved with date 1871. Windows with plate tracery. Interior CR Round headed tower arch. Elaborately carved capitals and corbels of 1871, chancel vaulted and with, painted decoration and small stained glass windows in apse. S. chapel has two wall mounted brasses, one a late C15 knight in armour with arms of Tyringham; the other to Mary daughter of John Tyringham and wife of Anthony Catesby 1508. White marble monuments to Praed family by William Behnes one to William Praed MP. d.1833 with relief carving of a lock and barge on the Grand Junction Canal, the Act for which he carried through Parliament. RCHM

Listing NGR: SP8593146699

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 351114

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing