THE TEMPLE OF MUSIC AT TYRINGHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1115852

Date first listed: 03-Mar-1952

Statutory Address: THE TEMPLE OF MUSIC AT TYRINGHAM HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE TEMPLE OF MUSIC AT TYRINGHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115852 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 14:59:51.

Location

Statutory Address: THE TEMPLE OF MUSIC AT TYRINGHAM HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Milton Keynes (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tyringham and Filgrave

National Grid Reference: SP 85519 47018

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 84 NE TYRINGHAM WITH FILGRAVE TYRINGHAM

5/213 The Temple of Music at Tyringham Hall

3.3.52

GV II*

Garden Pavilion cum Chapel. One of a pair of matching classical pavilions either side of the swimming pool on the N.W. axis of the Hall. 1926 by Lutyens for F.Koenig. Limestone walling with Portland stone ashlar portico and dressings, concrete dome above cornice. Domed vestibule with short nave and apsiddle chancel. Pedimented portico with four corinthian pilasters. Central semicircular arched entrance, Latin inscription in frieze and carving in tympanum. Flank elevations with 2 arched stone framed windows projecting on brackets. Interior: vestibule has green scagliola corinthian columns, patterned marble floor, altars in shallow side apses. Nave has black corinthian pilasters, metal grille floor for organ sound, carved oak stalls panelling and doors, marble altar with circular stair to crypt each side. Santuary beyond with floor at crypt level, organ below nave.

Listing NGR: SP8551947018

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 351121

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 4 Buckinghamshire,

End of official listing