This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

12-18, AYLESBURY ROAD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 12-18, AYLESBURY ROAD

List entry Number: 1115986

Location

12-18, AYLESBURY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wing

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Sep-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 06-Jul-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 350839

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 82 SE WING AYLESBURY ROAD

6/93 Nos. 12-18 (even) (formerly listed as Dormer's Hospital) 26.9.51

GV II

Four almshouses founded in 1569 by Dame Dorothy Pelham, wife of Sir William Dormer, as recorded by former inscription tablet. Altered C19, refurbished 1982. Coursed rubble stone, chamfered brick surrounds to openings. Old tile roof, brick coped gables with shaped stone kneelers, rebuilt flanking and central brick chimneys each with 2 square shafts linked at the top. Rendered dormers with similar coped gables and kneelers. One storey and attic, 4 bays. C20 leaded casements with depressed heads, 3-light to ground floor with rendered panels above, 2-light in attic dormers. Pairs of board doors between bays 1 and 2 and between bays 3 and 4, each door with 4-centred chamfered brick arch. 1982 inscription tablet to centre in moulded stone frame. Small lean-to extensions to rear. RCHM II p. 336 Mon. 6.

Listing NGR: SP8830322460

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

National Grid Reference: SP 88303 22460

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115986 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 11:09:09.

End of official listing