MUDGEDOWN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1116018

Date first listed: 17-Sep-1952

Statutory Address: MUDGEDOWN FARMHOUSE, WOTTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MUDGEDOWN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1116018 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 02:52:35.

Location

Statutory Address: MUDGEDOWN FARMHOUSE, WOTTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Iron Acton

National Grid Reference: ST 68405 85060

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 68 NE IRON ACTON WOTTON ROAD (off) (west side)

1/34 Mudgedown Farmhouse 17.9.52 G.V. II*

Farmhouse. Mid - C17. Rubble, plain concrete tiles. T-plan, central passage, extended. 2½ storeys, attic in 3 gables, 3 windows, all 2, 3 and 4- light casements with ovolo-moulded mullions (the 4-light windows have king mullions) under plain label moulds; central 2 storey gabled porch projects, windows on all faces at first floor (side) now blocked, heavily moulded door frame with Tudor arch has later door, studded front door within in similar frame with ornate stops. Rear elevation and wing are gabled as front, at north is a gabled C20 porch, to south a large lean-to extension. South end has a gable stack and 2 cross windows. Interior: many original door frames remain, a fine set, all ovolo-moulded and with different highly decorated stops; chamfered and ovolo-moulded beams and fireplace lintel; open well staircase at back of passage is altered and may be stripped of balusters to present form with plain rails below grip hand rail and above decorated string; extended collar trusses in attic. (Source: Linda Hall : The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire : 1400-1720 : 1983).

Listing NGR: ST6840585060

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 350724

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

End of official listing