This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1116153

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Girsby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Jan-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 350495

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOCKBURN GIRSBY VILLAGE NZ 30 NE (South side, off)

12/36 Church of All Saints

II

Parish church. 1838. Tooled, dressed sandstone; concrete-tiled roof. Continuous, aisleless nave and chancel with south porch. Preaching box with round-arched windows. 3-bay nave and one-bay chancel. Diagonally-buttressed west end. Flat-buttressed bay divisions. Round-arched south doorway with chamfered reveals in west bay within porch. Windows have chamfered reveals, projecting sills and latticed glazing. Chancel windows on north and south sides are blocked; 2 windows at east end. Steeply-pitched roof has coped gables and shaped kneelers. Gabled west bellcote with 2 round-arched openings. Gabled porch has chamfered round-headed archway, coped front gable and shaped kneelers. Plain, plastered interior. 1788 wall monument to Jane Reed by Jopling of Gateshead at west end of nave. Contemporary box pews flanking central aisle. Similar reading desk, choir stalls and altar rail. Late C19 octagonal stone font. Repainted Pater and Decalogue boards in chancel.

Listing NGR: NZ3539308329

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 35393 08329

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1116153 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 04:04:06.

End of official listing