1, THE GREEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1116242
Date first listed:
10-Nov-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
06-Jul-1987
Statutory Address:
1, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1, THE GREEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1116242 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 15:23:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
1, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rutland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Caldecott
National Grid Reference:
SP 86796 93560

Details

CALDECOTT THE GREEN SP 8693-8793 11/13 10.11.55 No 1. (formerly listed as The Old Plough) GV II

House and post office. Dated RCE 1684 on plaque in left gable. Later extensions to right, for shop, and to rear. Coursed ironstone rubble with pale limestone window dressings. Collyweston slate roof; coped gables with ogee half-pendants; flanking chimneys, left ashlar with moulded cornice, right C20 brick. 2 storeys and attic, 2 original bays. Chamfered plinth. Front has C20 3-light hardwood casements in pale limestone surrounds with traces of ovolo mouldings. Blank flush plaque to centre. Left gable retains original windows with ovolo-moulded mullions and cyma recta cornices, the first floor window of 3 lights, attic window of 2 lights, each with one light blocked. Single light with ovolo-moulded surround to ground floor. Right gable has altered 2-light window with C17 surround and cornice, and lower C19 extension of one bay, now containing shop. C20 extensions to rear incorporate former outbuildings.

Listing NGR: SP8679693560

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
187546
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/07669/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Keith Wise. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].