CHURCH OF ST LUKE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1116506

Date first listed: 27-Mar-1981

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE, KNIGHTS HILL SE27

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE, NORWOOD HIGH STREET SE27

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LUKE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1116506 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 04:55:54.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE, KNIGHTS HILL SE27

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE, NORWOOD HIGH STREET SE27

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lambeth (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 31932 72074

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KNIGHTS HILL SE27 1. (west side) 5023 Church of St Luke (formerly listed under Norwood High Street) TQ 3172 31/579

II*

2. 1822 by Bedford. Pale yellow brick with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roof. Greek revival style. Orientated north-south; at north end a hexastyle Corinthian portico with pediment. Slim square tower above has clock in base; bell stage with Doric screens and corner antifixae; open 'tower of winds' above with shallow dome and-cross finial. Six-bay returns have first floor windows only, round arched in simple architraves. Interior has tall, four-bay classical arcade. Low, barrelled nave roof; raised chancel. Carved screen of 1879 to Lady Chapel. Ornate hood over altar. Two good modern windows in aisles.

Listing NGR: TQ3193272074

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 204391

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing