The Yews, The Hollies, and East View

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1116681

Date first listed: 31-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Aug-1995

Statutory Address: The Yews, The Hollies, and East View, Wingerworth Hall Estate, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, S42 6PL

Map

Ordnance survey map of The Yews, The Hollies, and East View
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1116681 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 18:29:41.

Location

Statutory Address: The Yews, The Hollies, and East View, Wingerworth Hall Estate, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, S42 6PL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: North East Derbyshire (District Authority)

Parish: Wingerworth

National Grid Reference: SK 38364 67398

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/08/2018

SK36NE 1264-0/6/149

WINGERWORTH WINGERWORTH HALL ESTATE The Yews, The Hollies, and East View

(Formerly listed as The Yews, The Hollies, and East View, LONGEDGE LANE, previously Listed as: WINGERWORTH PARK Estate House, North Side, The Hollies, The Yews, East View)

31/01/67

GV II Part of country house, now flats. One of two surviving service wings of Wingerworth Hall, which was completed in 1729, demolished in 1924-1927, and was possibly by Francis Smith of Warwick. Gritstone ashlar and squared coursed Coal Measures Sandstone with ashlar dressings, with chamfered quoins and with a plain band below a coped parapet.

The east front is of two storeys and four bays and has cross windows with architraves. In the left-hand bay an inserted ground-floor window opening cuts through the earlier surround. The surround of the second window on the ground floor appears to be a reconstruction, and in the right-hand bay a doorway is cut through below the transom of a window surround. The south wall is of four bays, with two further bays at the right projecting forwards.The windows have architraves, mullions, and transoms. The fourth bay contains a doorway with a keystone and a door of six raised and fielded panels. The right-hand window of the projecting bays was formerly a doorway and has an architrave with keystone. The north wall has two bays with cross windows at the left, and four further bays to the right.

Listing NGR: SK3836467398

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 393551

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing