This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CARROW WORKS BLOCK 60

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CARROW WORKS BLOCK 60

List entry Number: 1116887

Location

CARROW WORKS BLOCK 60, KING STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Norwich

District Type: District Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1993

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 442666

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 2407 NW KING STREET (north side) 31/10006 Carrow Works: Block 60 GV II Factory building. 1870-1880. Somerleyton brick with brick dressings. Hipped roofs of slate with projecting eaves and exposed rafter ends; weatherboarded lucarne. Metal frame windows. Rectangular block. Three storeys with fourth storey to quayside, or north face. Six-window range to Paper Mill Yard, or south elevation. Segmental-arched windows, those to the first floor set in round-arched recesses; outer ranges blind; round-arched entrance with overlight in fifth- window range. Structures to east (buildings numbered 61A, B and C) west (lean-to shed and taller structure to north faced in corrugated metal) are specifically excluded from the listing. East elevation articulated into bays by shallow round-arched arcade; northmost range blind. Five southmost ranges of west elevation visible, all following same pattern as those to the east; two ranges at comer blind. Partial inspection of north or quayside elevation revealed a lucarne covered in corrugated metal to top floor supported on metal brackets. From 1926 to 1940 the structure was used as the Barley and Groats Mill. By 1960 it was used for Colman's Dry sauces. In 1991 it was used for Colman's Dry Sauce Mixes.

Listing NGR: TG2339308426

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TG 24016 07648

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1116887 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 07:43:17.

End of official listing