METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1117023

Date first listed: 30-Aug-1995

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHAPEL, WADSHELF

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117023 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 12:21:45.

Location

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHAPEL, WADSHELF

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: North East Derbyshire (District Authority)

Parish: Brampton

National Grid Reference: SK 31601 70932

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRAMPTON SK37SW WADSHELF 1264-0/2/115 Methodist Chapel II Nonconformist chapel. Dated 1834. Coursed squared Coal Measures Sandstone with ashlar dressings, plain and coped gables, and a Welsh slate roof. North elevation has gable wall with obelisk finials. Advanced gabled porch to centre of gable, with a coped gable above semicircular headed window, which has margin glazing, glazing bars, and radiating glazing bars to head. To the west of the porch is a gateway with low square piers leading to a porch side doorway with six-panel door, and to a single-bay monoclinal-roofed lean-to with coped wall-head, and a blocked window. To the east a low monopitch extends northwards from below a 4 x 4 glazing bar sash within an ashlar surround. East elevation with 4 x 4 glazing bar sashes in flush ashlar surrounds. Rectangular plaque to north gable inscribed 'Wesleyan Chapel. 1834'.

Listing NGR: SK3160170932

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 393498

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing