BREWMASTER'S HOUSE, TRUMANS BREWERY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1117049

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1950

Statutory Address: BREWMASTER'S HOUSE, TRUMANS BREWERY, 95, BRICK LANE E1

Map

Ordnance survey map of BREWMASTER'S HOUSE, TRUMANS BREWERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117049 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 21:04:19.

Location

Statutory Address: BREWMASTER'S HOUSE, TRUMANS BREWERY, 95, BRICK LANE E1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Tower Hamlets (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 33865 82073

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRICK LANE E1 TQ3382 (west side)

788-/8/10038 no. 95 Brewmaster's House, 29.12.50 Truman's Brewery

GV II

House for Truman's head brewer, now offices and function suites. c.1834. Yellow stock brick with stone cornice and bands, slate roof. Four storeys. Regular five bay facade to Brick Lane, the lower three storeys set in arcaded surrounds and with tripartite windows. In courtyard, there are two bays, then one set-back bay and two bowed curves, the furthest of three bays with its ground and first-floor windows now dropped to give access to mirror glass link with Director's house (q.v.) The other windows have glazing bar sashes, those to the ground floor with round-arched tops. Set back panelled door with square top light. The interior retains some original cornices and skirtings, plus a sinuous spiral stick baluster staircase with a mahogany handrail rising through four flights. Source: Survey of London, vol.XXVII, 1957

Listing NGR: TQ3386582073

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 442317

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Survey of London' in Survey of London - Spitalfields and Mile End New Town Parishes of Christ Church and All Saints and the liberties of Norton Folgate and the Old Artillery Ground:Volume 27, (1957)

End of official listing