THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1117200

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, FARNBOROUGH VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117200 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 12:22:27.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, FARNBOROUGH VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: West Berkshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Farnborough

National Grid Reference: SU 43595 82004

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 48 SW FARNBOROUGH FARNBOROUGH VILLAGE

2/7 The Old Rectory

25-10-51 II

Rectory, now private house. 1749 with C19 and C20 extensions. Brick, grey with red dressings, bands, parapet and central projection; plain tiled hipped roofs. Rectangular plan with extensions to west and north. Two storeys and attic main block, one storey extensions; plinth, band at first floor, cornice at base of parapet, panelled parapet to south with ball finials at corners and central brick arched opening containing bell surmounted by ball finial; flanking stacks to west and east. South Elevation:- 5 windows, glazing bar sashes with cambered heads and exposed box frames, under rubbed brick arches with keystones, that in the centre having a semicircular head and impost blocks: central forward break with enclosed porch of pilasters and 2 columns supporting frieze and cornice, with half glazed double doors and side- lights: single storey extension to left with two 3-light casements, that to right having semi-circular brick arch with keystone. V.C.H. Berkshire vol. iv p.21; B.O.E; Berkshire p.143.

Listing NGR: SU4359582004

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 39828

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ditchfield, P H, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Berkshire, (1906), 21
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Berkshire, (1966), 143

End of official listing