This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

DREWEATTS BRIDGE AND LOCK AT SU 411673

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DREWEATTS BRIDGE AND LOCK AT SU 411673

List entry Number: 1117230

Location

DREWEATTS BRIDGE AND LOCK AT SU 411673

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: West Berkshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Hampstead Marshall

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-Dec-1990

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 39805

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following structure shall be added to the list:

SU 46 NW HAMSTEAD MARSHALL KENNET & AVON CANAL 15/26 Dreweatts Bridge and GV lock at SU 411673 II

Accommodation bridge and integral lock. Late C18, C20 alterations. Rennie's standard design. Brick bridge with single elliptical arch, band, solid parapet and piers, with brick, stone and cement coping. Integral brick lock walls to W. Lock has brick chamber with brick and stone coping. Stone quoins to gate recesses. 2 sets of double wooden gates; top gates with mechanical ground paddle gearing, bottom gates with hydraulic gate paddle gearing. 2, early C20, GWR weight restriction signs, 1 at NE corner, 1 at SW corner of bridge. Cast-iron, lozenge-shaped signs with raised lettering, mounted on iron stanchions. The Kennet & Avon Canal was constructed between 1794-1810. John Rennie was principal engineer.

Listing NGR: SU4110067300

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 41049 67250

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117230 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 11:07:37.

End of official listing