STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF ALDERMASTON COURT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1117318
Date first listed:
25-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF ALDERMASTON COURT, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF ALDERMASTON COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117318 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 20:59:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 150 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF ALDERMASTON COURT, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
West Berkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Aldermaston
National Grid Reference:
SU 59502 64942

Details

ALDERMASTON CHURCH ROAD (south side) SU 56 SE 6/23 Stable Block Approximately 25.10.51 150 Metres To North-West Of Aldermaston Court

GV II

Stable block. Circa 1800 with circa mid C20 additions to north. Red brick with grey plat band at impost level, central open triangular pedimented gable and old tile roof, hipped to west. One storey. South front: 5 bays. Partly blocked arched openings with stone impost blocks and radial glazing bars, to each side of central entrance with large round arch breaking through pedimented gable above.

Listing NGR: SU5950264942

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
39500
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 3 Berkshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04994/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard Swynford-Lain. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].