FORMER QUAKER MEETING HOUSE ADJOINING NORTH OF METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1117379

Date first listed: 21-Nov-1995

Statutory Address: FORMER QUAKER MEETING HOUSE ADJOINING NORTH OF METHODIST CHAPEL, KEYS HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER QUAKER MEETING HOUSE ADJOINING NORTH OF METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117379 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 04:29:12.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER QUAKER MEETING HOUSE ADJOINING NORTH OF METHODIST CHAPEL, KEYS HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire (District Authority)

Parish: Baddesley Ensor

National Grid Reference: SP 27237 98231

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BADDESLEY ENSOR SP29NE KEYS HILL 1729-0/9/10003 (North side)

Former Quaker Meeting House adjoining north of Methodist Chapel

II Quaker meeting-house, now used as Sunday-school to Methodist Chapel. Circa 1768; with attached 1895 Methodist Chapel [not included]. English bond red and blue brick. Clay plain tile roof with gabled ends and brick dentil eaves course. Truncated brick stack at north gable end. PLAN : Single-cell rectangular plan with entrance at the centre of the longer west side and a pulpit at the north end. Attached to the north end are the single-cell remains of a cottage or manse with a fireplace in the comer. In 1895 a larger Methodist Chapel [not included] was built at the south end. EXTERIOR: Single storey. Symmetrical 3-bay front with two 2-light mullion-transom windows in original openings with cambered brick arches and central doorway with similar arch, rectangular overlight and plank door. Two similar widows at rear with glazing bars. At north end, a small single-storey cottage, its pitched roof reduced to a lean-to. INTERIOR Two king-post roof trusses, ceiled at mid height. SOURCE: RCHME, An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England, page 228.

Listing NGR: SP2723798231

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 442185

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Central England, (1986), 228

End of official listing