This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS COMPRISING STABLES, CIDER HOUSE, GRANARY CARTSHEDS AND DETACHED PIGGERIES CIRCA 5 METRES WEST OF HEAD BARTON

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS COMPRISING STABLES, CIDER HOUSE, GRANARY CARTSHEDS AND DETACHED PIGGERIES CIRCA 5 METRES WEST OF HEAD BARTON

List entry Number: 1117395

Location

RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS COMPRISING STABLES, CIDER HOUSE, GRANARY CARTSHEDS AND DETACHED PIGGERIES CIRCA 5 METRES WEST OF HEAD BARTON

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: North Devon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Chittlehamholt

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 08-Jan-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 442143

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SS 61 NE 6/54

CHITTLEHAMHOLT Range of farmbuildings comprising stables, cider house, granary cartsheds and detached piggeries circa 5 metres west of Head Barton

GV II Range of farmbuildings comprising stables, cider house, granary, cartsheds and detached piggeries. 1882 by datestone. Unrendered stone rubble with some cob, and brick dressings. L-shaped range of farmbuildings with lofted stables and cider house extending at right angles to rear left side of lofted granary and single storey cart-sheds, tool room, stick room and furnace room extending from right gable end. Detached single storey piggeries to rear of and at right angles to cart sheds. Lofted granary has 4-window range with central gabled loading door above entrance with double plank doors. External stone steps at left gable end with datestone above 'MR 1882'. Cider house on rear side has loft door over plank door with 2- light casement 6 panes per light to right. Cider press intact. Stables have window to each side of plank door. Detached piggeries to rear with slate roof with gable ends, 4 plank doors, and stone rubble walls to front enclosures.

Listing NGR: SS6660818181

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SS6660818181

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117395 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 10:30:13.

End of official listing