GROUP OF 9 PITT FAMILY MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST. MARY, ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH OF WEST END OF NAVE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1117525
Date first listed:
22-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 9 PITT FAMILY MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST. MARY, ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH OF WEST END OF NAVE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 9 PITT FAMILY MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST. MARY, ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH OF WEST END OF NAVE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117525 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 15:25:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 9 PITT FAMILY MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST. MARY, ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH OF WEST END OF NAVE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Windsor and Maidenhead (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Hurley
National Grid Reference:
SU 82578 84051

Details

SU 8284-8384 HURLEY HIGH STREET (east side)

17/14 Group of 9 Pitt family monuments in the churchyard of Church of St. Mary, about 5 metres south of west end of nave

G.V. II

Group of headstones and 9 footstones. C18. Commemorate various members of the Pitt family. Stone footstones have initials and date only. Stone headstones have carved heads, with urns, flowers and seraphims; and inscriptions, some of which are eroded. The first monument on the left is dated 1778; the second 1777; the fourth 1778; the fifth 1781; and the sixth 1782 and with a grave cover. The ninth also has a grave cover.

Listing NGR: SU8257884051

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
40910
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01447/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr AS Heywood - Jones. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].