This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST LUKE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST LUKE

List entry Number: 1117584

Location

CHURCH OF ST LUKE, NORFOLK ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Windsor and Maidenhead

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Aug-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 40758

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5130 NORFOLK ROAD (north side) SU 88 SE Church of St Luke 1/46

II

2. 1866-70 G R Clarke. Spire 1894 J O Scott. Squared coursed rubble walls with dressed quoins, slate roof. Six bay nave, aisles, chancel, square tower with broach spire set asymmetrically on south side. Windows simplified middle pointed decorated with roll dripmould and carved heads or leaves at springing. Projecting south porch with recessed orders and two-centred arch.

Interior:- alternating octagonal and round columns with carved stone capitals of flowers and leaves. Delicate iron rood screen, wal painting over chancel arch. Painted and carved wood screen to choir and Lady Chapel. Stained glass by O'Connor. Pevsner p 174 V.C.H. p 110.

Listing NGR: SU8867681635

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Ditchfield, P H, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Berkshire, (1906), 110
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Berkshire, (1966), 174

National Grid Reference: SU 88676 81635

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117584 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 04:05:09.

End of official listing