UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1117592

Date first listed: 12-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, WEST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117592 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 05:27:41.

Location

Statutory Address: UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, WEST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Windsor and Maidenhead (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SU 88843 81314

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 8881 SE 4/56

WEST STREET(north side) United Reformed Church

II 1785 on date panel. Entrance front considerably altered in the mid/late C19. Red brick, slate roof. South front, gabled with parapet, full height recessed arched opening, stone coping and dentils to parapet. Three tall windows, centre with rounded head all with glazing bars forming circular patterns. Full height coupled Corinthian pilasters with stone capitals supporting arch. Barrel vault under arch with soffite rendered and lined. Flanked by pavilions with hipped slate roofs, brick dentil cornice, stone flat band at first floor and ground floor carried up at ground floor in semi-circular arched openings with keystones over door openings. Door to RH with six moulded panels, semi-circular glazed fanlight over, similar on LH but with panels glazed. Circular windows with glazing bars forming 4 circles, above doors. North end well restored in modern times. Interior:- double height with balustraded gallery on slender cast iron fluted Doric columns on three sides. Plaster cornice. North wall has central panelled pulpit with stairs on either side and ornate wood balusters in front of tall semi-circular arched niche, flanked by six-panelled doors in moulded architraves. V.C.H. p 97 Vol III.

Listing NGR: SU8884381314

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 40769

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ditchfield, P H, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Berkshire, (1906), 97

End of official listing