CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1117606

Date first listed: 23-Sep-1955

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, WINDSOR ROAD (OFF)

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117606 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 02:24:56.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, WINDSOR ROAD (OFF)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Windsor and Maidenhead (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Wraysbury

National Grid Reference: TQ 00125 73942

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5130 WRAYSBURY WINDSOR ROAD (off) (south side)

TQ 07 SW 4/1 23.9.55 Church of St Andrew

II*

2. Parish Church. C13 and C15 restored 1862 by John Raphael Brandon. Three bay nave, C13 arches and pillars with keel edge rolls on angles. Rubble stone, tiled roof. Broach spire added 1862. South porch 1935. Chancel - C13 arch. North wall, C13 lancet window and C15 doorway. South wall, C13 piscina and fragments of late mediaeval wall painting. C15 Lady Chapel. Font base C13, inverted pillar with older rim. Pulpit late C17, bolection moulded, originally three-tiered. Monuments Chancel - C17 ledger stone to Edward Gould. Small brass plaque to John Stonor. Large early C16 brass of knight in Tudor armour. Pevsner p.303 and 4. RCHM VCH.

Listing NGR: TQ0012573942

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 40709

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Berkshire, (1966), 4, 303

End of official listing