This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1117643

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, HORTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Windsor and Maidenhead

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Horton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Apr-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 40692

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5130 HORTON HORTON ROAD (east side) The Old Rectory (formerly listed as Horton Rectory) TQ 07 NW 2/14 23.9.55

II

2. Late C16 or early C17, re-faced C19. Red brick, old tile roof. Central section two storeys and attic with hipped gable. Attic has semi-circular three-light wood mullion windows in central gable. First floor three double hung sashes with glazing bars in reveals with cills and flat rubbed brick arches. Ground floor, two large eighteen pane windows extending to ground on left hand of wood doorcase of narrow panels and open pediment on consoles; arch with archivolt and fielded panel reveal; plain door, upper half glass with glazing bars, traceried semi-circular fanlight. Flanking two storied plain walled gables. Moulded bargeboards. Interior: panelled rooms circa 1700 on first floor. Some old timber frame evident on ground and first floors including two jowl posts in small bedroom. VCH RCHM.

Listing NGR: TQ0132576122

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Ditchfield, P H, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Berkshire, (1906)

National Grid Reference: TQ 01325 76122

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117643 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 02:59:35.

End of official listing