This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

2, LOWER STREET, 1 AND 2, THE GREEN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 2, LOWER STREET, 1 AND 2, THE GREEN

List entry Number: 1117822

Location

1 AND 2, THE GREEN
2, LOWER STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Quainton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42211

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 7420 QUAINTON THE GREEN (west side)

8/64 Nos. 1 and 2

-

GV II

Includes No. 2, Lower Street. 3 houses and shop. 2 bays to right are part of C17 L-plan house, refronted and extended 1882. Original building has timber framed gabled projections to rear, right gable rebuilt in brick, rendered front. Old tile roof, half-hipped to right, central chimney of thin brick. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Ground floor has C19 canted bay windows with segmental-headed sashes. First floor has 3-pane sash to right and C20 paired wooden casement to left. Central lobby entry has door with segmental head and rendered keyblock. Rear has an old paired leaded casement to first floor. Late C19-C20 extension to left is of red and yellow brick with wooden casements, 6-panelled door to right, and shop front to left with curved corner door. RCHM II p. 248 Mon. 37

Listing NGR: SP7446020070

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

National Grid Reference: SP 74460 20070

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117822 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 02:27:43.

End of official listing