This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OLD CHURCH HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD CHURCH HOUSE

List entry Number: 1117832

Location

OLD CHURCH HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Slapton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42137

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

P 92 SW SLAPTON GROVE

1/152 Old Church House, (formerly listed as Church of St. Michael and All Angels, under Grove Parish)

18.10.66

GV II

Formerly small church, now converted to house. C14, restored 1883, altered 1970's. Limestone and ironstone rubble, some brick patching, tiled roof. Rectangular building with C20 wing to S. forming T-plan. Original block has diagonal corner buttresses, those to N. rendered. C19 bellcote at W. end has tile-hung base, cusped wooden arches, and pyramidal lead roof with ball finial. E. and . ends have 3-light Decorated windows with reticulated tracery, that to . smaller, both restored C19. N. side has 2 paired C20 leaded casements with plain stone surrounds and transoms, and central door with C16 4-centred chamfered arch. C19 gabled N. porch with chamfered stone arch and stone quoins. S. side has C16 2-light window with stone mullion and flat head. C20 extension is of 1½ storeys with rendered quoins, small brick chimney, 3-light leaded casements, and plaque in gable. C20 conservatory in S.W. angle. Interior has had floor inserted to part, but retains niches with cinquefoil heads flanking E. window, and 2 piscinae. Font and bell removed. RCHM II p.132-3

Listing NGR: SP9212222456

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

National Grid Reference: SP 92122 22456

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117832 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 07:36:08.

End of official listing