THE OLD MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1117849

Date first listed: 26-Sep-1951

Statutory Address: THE OLD MANOR, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117849 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 05:12:27.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD MANOR, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)

Parish: Marsworth

National Grid Reference: SP 91938 14495

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 91 SW MARSWORTH CHURCH LANE

6/95 The Old Manor

26.9.51

GV II

House. Late C16, extended one bay to left C17-C18, slightly altered. Timber frame with whitewashed brick infill, the ground floor partly rebuilt in whitewashed brick. Similar plinth with some flint, partly rendered. Old tile roof, rebuilt brick chimneys between outer bays. 3 bays to left are of 1 ½ storeys with 2-storey gabled cross wing to right. Left bay is blank, remainder have casements with diamond leading, mostly renewed, and heavy timber sills. Right bay and ground floor of second bay have 3-light casements, the upper right with a C19 Tudor wooden hoodmould. Centre bays have half-hipped eaves-line dormers with 4-light casements, the outer lights triangular. Old board door in second bay has half-hipped timber-framed porch and flanking 2-light casements. Later single storey extension to rear of cross wing is of whitewashed brick. Interior: large double-sided chimney stack between right bays; stop-chamfered spine beam in centre bays; moulded and stopped spine beam in right bay; large wind-braces. Formerly known as Russell's Farmhouse. RCHM II p. 195 Mon. 3.

Listing NGR: SP9193814495

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 42080

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

End of official listing