9, CHURCH ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1117873

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-1984

Statutory Address: 9, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 9, CHURCH ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117873 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 04:26:36.

Location

Statutory Address: 9, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)

Parish: Ivinghoe

National Grid Reference: SP 94586 16251

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 91 NW IVINGHOE CHURCH ROAD

4/48 No.9 (formerly listed as The Old Manor)

18.10.66

GV II

House. C17, altered. Timber frame with regular rectangular panels of old brick infill, old tile roof, early C20 bargeboards. Large C17-C18 brick chimney stack to left of centre, C20 chimney in rebuilt right gable wall. 2 storeys, 5 bays. Left bay has C17 3-light leaded casements. Similar 2-light casement to first floor of right bay. Other windows are early C20 leaded casements in painted wooden frames with 3, 4 or 5 lights. Ground floor casements in 3 centre bays are in shallow rectangular bay windows with lean-to tiled roofs. Lobby entry between bays 2 and 3 has 2-panelled door in early C20 timber framed gabled porch with board dated T.E. 1536. Sun fire insurance plaque. Rear has mid C18 triple gabled extension to right-hand bays, of chequer brick to ground floor and of red brick with blue diapers above first floor band course. Irregular old leaded casements with segmental heads, blocked attic windows. Doors to centre and in left return wall. Remaining bays also have some old leaded casements. Interior: ground floor room to left of fireplace has good C18 panelling; room above has wide C18 floorboards and stop chamfered spine beam; winder stair at left end with shaped splat balusters to landing; windows have various C17-C18 iron catches.

Wrongly marked on OS map as No.2, Vicarage Lane. RCHMII p.157-8 Mon.11.

Listing NGR: SP9458616255

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 42031

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

End of official listing