This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STRICT BAPTIST CHAPEL WITH FRONT BOUNDARY WALL RAILINGS AND GATES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STRICT BAPTIST CHAPEL WITH FRONT BOUNDARY WALL RAILINGS AND GATES

List entry Number: 1117889

Location

STRICT BAPTIST CHAPEL WITH FRONT BOUNDARY WALL RAILINGS AND GATES, STATION ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ivinghoe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Oct-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42070

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 91 NW IVINGHOE STATION ROAD

4/85 Strict Baptist Chapel with front boundary wall, railings and gates - - II

Strict Baptist chapel, now disused. Founded 1813, dated W.C. 1815 on brick, extended one bay to S.W. 1866. Early C19 part is of chequer brick with plinth, boarded eaves and C20 concrete tile roof, hipped to left. 2 storeys, 3 bays. N.W. front has 4-pane sashes with thin glazing bars and cambered heads. Central double doors, flush-panelled, with semi-circular radiating fanlight. Rendered porch of c.1830 with moulded cornice and shallow pointed parapet. Later bay to right is of white brick with red brick quoins and rendered gable. Similar sash to first floor over flush-panelled door with gauged head. Gable to street has 2 bays of recessed sash windows, small louvred opening to attic, and lower extension to right. Interior: gallery of c.1832 around 3 sides with plain panelled front on slender cast iron columns, N. gallery with contemporary pews. Contemporary pulpit and altered baptismal pool. 1866 addition formerly a vestry and schoolroom. Ornamental iron railings and gates, dwarf walls with ogee copings.

Listing NGR: SP9439416297

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 94394 16297

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1117889 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 08:58:23.

End of official listing