This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HARE HATCH HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HARE HATCH HOUSE

List entry Number: 1118184

Location

HARE HATCH HOUSE, TAG LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wokingham

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Wargrave

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Jun-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 41369

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WARGRAVE TAG LANE SU 87 NW Hare Hatch 3/14 Hare Hatch House 26.1.67 II Large house. Late C18 altered and rebuilt in 1912. Brick, with first floor string. Plain parapet with stone coping to hipped old tile roof with brick chimneys. 2 storeys. South front: 5 bays, the centre 3 bays slightly projecting. The centre bay has upper window in arched recess, small projecting stucco porch on ground floor; 6-panelled centre door, arched radiating and curved fanlight in surround of engaged Doric columns, entablature and pediment. East front: 2 angular bays the whole height, each with 3 sashes with glazing bars flanking centre bay. The house was moved to its present site complete in 1912 from a former position 30 metres north of the Bath Road as shown on the Ordinance Survey map of 1892. V.C.H. Vol.III. p.192 B.O.E. (Berkshire) p.258.

Listing NGR: SU8048878076

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Ditchfield, P H, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Berkshire, (1906), 192
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Berkshire, (1966), 258

National Grid Reference: SU 80488 78076

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118184 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 07:47:20.

End of official listing