STABLE BLOCK TO WEST OF TYTHROP HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1118216

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1949

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK TO WEST OF TYTHROP HOUSE, HADDENHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK TO WEST OF TYTHROP HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118216 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 22:27:41.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK TO WEST OF TYTHROP HOUSE, HADDENHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)

Parish: Kingsey

National Grid Reference: SP 73915 07027

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 70 NW KINGSEY HADDENHAM ROAD

6/323 Stable Block to west of Tythrop House

26.8.49

GV II

Stable block. Built by 1680. Altered C18, C19 but restored to C17 appearance in 1982. Brick with cement dressings and ashlar doorcase. Coved eaves to hipped old tile roof. 2 storeys. East front facing house is of 7 bays with central doorcase with arched rusticated surround flanked by pilasters and entablature. Ball-finials to pilasters and pediment. Pediment has arched niche. Leaded cross-casements in cement architraved surrounds. Band course. First floor has seven architraved oval windows with quadrant blocks. Rusticated quoins. South or garden side has blank ground floor wall and 4 oval windows to first floor. North side has stable doors to ground floor. West elevation in rubblestone with 5 sashes to first floor,stable doors to ground floor. Flanking stacks. In 1982 the stable block was restored by Eric Throssell, FRIBA, to its original appearance as shown in the engraving by Henry Winstanley dated 1680. This involved reconstructing the doorcase and ground floor windows which had been altered C18, C19. It is thought that the original doorcase came from the early C17 house, and had been moved here when Tythrop was remodelled c1660-1680.

Listing NGR: SP7391507027

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 43264

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing