This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD VICARAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD VICARAGE

List entry Number: 1118289

Location

THE OLD VICARAGE, 22, CHURCH END

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Haddenham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 43133

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 7408 HADDENHAM CHURCH END (north-east side)

11/196 No.22 (The Old Vicarage)

25.10.51 lI GV

House, formerly the Vicarage. C18. Witchert, colourwashed and roughcast on a rubble plinth. Old tile roofs, the rear most pitch slated. 2 storeys and 3 bays, the front roof having parallel wings at right angles and then, to rear slated outer pitch. Central half glazed door in doorcase of narrow pilasters, entablature and thin flat hood, and with rectangular fanlight of radiating and curved pattern. 2 storey canted bay window to left bay, one window over door. Ground floor canted bay to right and sash above. Sash windows. North elevation early C19 with label moulds over ground floor windows. Brick gable stacks and to gable of each rear wing. C18 staircase with turned balusters. Built after 1701 fire that destroyed the old vicarage on this site together with the Parish Registers and records.

Listing NGR: SP7420708165

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 74207 08165

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118289 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 08:51:41.

End of official listing