GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1118299

Date first listed: 12-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118299 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 22:06:32.

Location

Statutory Address: GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)

Parish: Dinton-with-Ford and Upton

National Grid Reference: SP 77632 09201

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 70 NE DINTON-WITH-FORD AND CHAPEL ROAD, Ford UPTON (south side)

7/120 General Baptist Chapel

12.8.83

GV II

Baptist Chapel built 1716; heightened and enlarged in 1829; new entrance bay added in 1852. Refitted internally in 1884. 4 bays. Two storeyfront. North-east side and rear walls of witchert and rendered stone rubble relating to 1716 structure with C19 brick pilaster strips dividing the bays. North-west entrace front of red brick with vitreous headers. Tiled roof, half-hipped to rear with coped gable to entrance front with date stone in centre inscribed "Built 1716 Enlarged 1852". North east side wall with two round arched windows with Y-tracery. Two window entrance front with gauged flat brick arches to recessed sash windows with glazing bars. Central round arched doorway with radial fanlight and panelled door;one storey Sunday School of 1884 on south west side.

Listing NGR: SP7763209201

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 43057

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing