This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1118476

Location

THE OLD RECTORY

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stone with Bishopstone and Hartwell

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42673

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 71 SE HARTWELL HARTWELL

3/103 The Old Rectory

25.10.51 II

House, C18 incorporating parts of C16 structure. Painted roughcast walls, hipped tiled roof with brick chimney to RH of centre. 3 dormers to rear slope, moulded brick eaves cornice to front, bracketted eaves to rear. 2 storeys and attic, front elevation has large 2-storey semicircular central projection with 6 panelled (2 upper glazed) door to ground floor, sash window above, 1 bay of sash windows to RH, all in architrave surrounds. 3 small triangular windows to LH. Rear (E) elevation has central 2-storey canted bay with sash windows, flanked on 1st floor by 4-pane wide sashes, and 2 sashes to RH. of ground floor. Service wing at N. end with 2nd chimney. Interior Entrance Hall has richly moulded ceiling beam and bracket dated 1582 with initials M.I. Damaged by fire and repaired 1983. RCHM II p.191 MON.2.

Listing NGR: SP7943212427

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

National Grid Reference: SP 79432 12427

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118476 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 08:08:20.

End of official listing