THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1118490

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 18-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118490 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 06:28:58.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Tarrant Gunville

National Grid Reference: ST 92614 12713

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TARRANT GUNVILLE ST 9212 VILLAGE STREET (South side) 9/49 The Old Rectory (formerly listed as 14.7.55 The Rectory)

GV II

Rectory, now private house. c.1800 for Francis Simpson, rector. Banded flint and ashlar with tiled roof of 2-parallel ranges. Flint and ashlar stucks variously disposed. Square plan with 3-symmetrical 3 bay facades. 3 storeys. Sashes of 6-panes to the upper floor and 12-panes below. Central gabled porch with round headed arch containing fanlight and a panelled door. Tiled garage attached to right.

Internal features (RCHM): stone stairs to first floor level with moulded nosing and plain timber balustrades; stairs above first floor of wood with Tuscan column newel-posts; ground-floor rooms have moulded plaster cornices and marble fireplace surrounds; original bookcases in study. (RCHM, Dorset, vol.IV, p.94, no.4. Newman, J. and Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England: Dorset, 1972, p.417.)

Listing NGR: ST9261412713

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 103677

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1972), 94
Pevsner, N, Newman, J, The Buildings of England: Dorset, (1972), 1972

End of official listing