This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1118496

Location

THE OLD RECTORY

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Tarrant Hinton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 18-Oct-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 103688

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TARRANT HINTON ST 93 11 TARRANT HINTON VILLAGE

10/60 The Old Rectory 14.7.55 (formerly listed as GV The Rectory) II Rectory, now private house, c.1850 by Benjamin Ferrey. Flemish bond brickwork with tiled roof having end stone copings and brick kneelers. 2-parallel ranges. End brick stacks with paired flues paired diamond-wise. In the Tudor style. 2 storeys and attics, 3 bay. Ground floor has 4-light stone mullioned and transomed windows with moulded labels continued as string course. First floor has 2 3-light stone mullioned and transomed windows flanking a central similar single light window; all have returned, moulded labels. Attic has 2 gabled dormers with 2-light stone mullioned windows. Casements have octagonal pattern glazing bars. Main doorway in north-east wing has moulded 4-centred head.

Internal features (RCHM): stone fireplace surrounds with moulded 4-centred heads (RCHM, Dorset, vol IV, p.99, no.4 Newman,J. and Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England: Dorset, 1972, p.418.)

Listing NGR: ST9362311026

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1972), 99
Pevsner, N, Newman, J, The Buildings of England: Dorset, (1972), 418

National Grid Reference: ST 93623 11026

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118496 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 05:23:01.

End of official listing