THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1118879

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1956

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1118879 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 04:55:18.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Alton Pancras

National Grid Reference: ST 69919 02384

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 60 SE ALTON PANCRAS VILLAGE STREET (WEST SIDE)

8/14 26-1-56 The Manor House GV II*

House, extensive remodelling c 1730-44 for Thomas Hasket and again c 1760. Brick (Flemish bond) with some render and south gable of mathematical tiles, ashlar dressings. Slated gable ended roofs, stone copings and end brick stacks. East facade, 2 storeys, 5 bay. Ashlar plinth, plat-band, eaves course and rusticated quoins. Windows are sashes with gauged brick heads with keystones and stone aprons. The upper floor central window has a stone architrave with side scrolls and a key-block. The central doorway has a moulded stone surround with a pedimented cornice. Internal features: North room of east range has fielded panelling, a fireplace with entablature and Tuscan columns flanked by two 'gothick' ogee-headed niches; the south room of the same range has fielded panelling and a fireplace with Ionic pilasters; two bestibules between the north and south rooms have fielded panelling, the westernmost one containing the stairs which have turned newel posts and balusters and a moulded handrail. C18 doorcases with carved and moulded architraves and doors with fielded and beaded panels. RCHM, Dorset, vol III, p.2, no 2. Newman J and Pevsner N, The Buildings of England: Dorset. Penguin, 1972, pp.75-6.

Listing NGR: ST6991902384

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 104733

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset III Central, (1970), 2
Pevsner, N, Newman, J, The Buildings of England: Dorset, (1972), 75-76

End of official listing