ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF OUR LADY, QUEEN OF MARTYRS AND ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1119061

Date first listed: 08-May-1975

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF OUR LADY, QUEEN OF MARTYRS AND ST MICHAEL, HIGH WEST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF OUR LADY, QUEEN OF MARTYRS AND ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119061 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 15:11:51.

Location

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF OUR LADY, QUEEN OF MARTYRS AND ST MICHAEL, HIGH WEST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Dorchester

National Grid Reference: SY 69059 90680

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HIGH WEST STREET 1. 5191 (South Side) Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady, Queen of Martyrs and St Michael SY 6990 7/242 II GV 1889. Originally the Church of St Michael at Westport, Wareham: removed here in 1906-7. Architect: Canon A Scoles. Rock-faced Portland with ashlar dressings. Pitched slate roof with tile cresting and coped gables. 1 storey. Aisleless. Corner buttresses and buttresses along west side. North end has 3 simple lancets with linked hood moulds, string above, rose window with bar tracery and hoodmould above that, and pointed niche with statue of Virgin and Child in gable end. West side has planked double doors in moulded pointed arch with hoodmould and plain tympanum. 6 pairs of paired lancets with hood moulds Nos 13 to 15 (consec), The Old Ship Public House, No 18, 19, The Royal Oak Public House, Nos 21 to 24 (consec) and Church of Our Lady form a group.

Listing NGR: SY6905990680

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 104360

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing