This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

METHODIST CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: METHODIST CHURCH

List entry Number: 1119175

Location

METHODIST CHURCH

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Longburton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 08-Oct-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 106103

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LONGBURTON ST 6412 LONGBURTON VILLAGE

10/85 Methodist Church

- II

Methodist Church. Dated 1878. By Thomas Farrell. Rock-faced walls with ashlar stone quoins, stone gable-copings and moulded kneelers. Clay-tile roofs with tile cresting. L-plan with west gable to street. One storey. Gable-end has 3 lancets, shafted with carved capitals and roll-moulds over. Window over this is a traceried Jewish Star in circle. Plain lancets, single or grouped, on other walls. Porch in the angle, has a pointed-arch entrance, and a plank door with strap-hinges, C19. Flat parapet over. The lancets have diagonal and rectangular leaded lights. Foundation stone under west window: "This stone was laid by Thomas Farrell of Sherborne, Architect and Builder". Below: This stone was laid by E Whelpton Esq. of London, August 14, 1878.

Listing NGR: ST6502512114

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 65025 12114

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119175 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 12:44:43.

End of official listing