15, CORNMARKET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1119600

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 02-Feb-1983

Statutory Address: 15, CORNMARKET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 15, CORNMARKET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119600 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 04:19:50.

Location

Statutory Address: 15, CORNMARKET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: East Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Wimborne Minster

National Grid Reference: SZ 00892 99992

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

C0RNMARKET 1. 5193 (north side) No 15 SZ 0099 NE 2/11 14.6.52 (formerly listed as Oddfellows' Hall) II GV 2. Dated 1758. Brick walls, tiled roof. Two storeys, gable end to Cornmarket. Ground storey originally open, with round brick arches carried on brick piles with stone caps - arches now infilled. Elevation facing Cornmarket has arches infilled with a pair of modern doors. Plat band at first floor level. Venetian window to first floor, - centre light glazed, - side lights blocked; moulded architrave and entablature. Projecting brick pilasters at each end of the facade, with moulded brick caps. Plat band at ceiling level. Flemish style gable with stone inscribed - "This edifice was erected with the affiliance of the neighbouring gentlemen, by the Friendly Society of this town, for their life. 1758". Side - (east) elevation has 4 arches on the ground floor, - 3 now filled with double-hung sash windows with glazing bars, - one with a later door. First floor has 4 double-hung sash windows with glazing bars, Moulded brick modillion cornice to eaves. Internally, the C18 staircase survives, but the balusters have been covered. The main upper hall retains its cornice, but has been divided by modern partitions. RCHM Monument 40.

Listing NGR: SZ0088699996

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 107034

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1975)

End of official listing