BARLOW CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1119755

Date first listed: 28-May-1998

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Apr-1999

Statutory Address: BARLOW CHURCH, BROWN COW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARLOW CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119755 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 12:21:15.

Location

Statutory Address: BARLOW CHURCH, BROWN COW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Selby (District Authority)

Parish: Barlow

National Grid Reference: SE 64519 28984

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details





BARLOW

SE 62 NW MAIN STREET (northwest side) 1467/5/10004 Barlow Church

II

Church, formerly chapel of ease. C17 restored and altered 1774 and late Cl9. Brick with brick dressings and pantile roof. Brick coped gables and dentilated eaves band. South gable has small square wooden bellcote with lead roof and ornate iron weather vane. Rendered plinth. Rectangular plan. South gable front has single 2-light flat headed window with cusped tracery and lead lattice glazing, above a round headed blind opening. West front has single pilaster buttress and a single 2-light flat headed window with cusped tracery and lead lattice glazing, to the right a single C20 external brick stack. North gable wall has another 2-light window with cusped tracery and lead lattice glazing under a brick segmental arch. East front has single pilaster buttress and off-centre doorway with triple panel door under moulded brick head. To left small single light window with cusped tracery and lead lattice glazing, beyond a single larger 2-light window. INTERIOR: has plain pilaster ceiling and dado panelling. Late C19 wooden pews, lectern and altar. Wooden and wrought iron altar rail. Single wooden charity board dated 1835. Brass war memorial plaque cl920.



Listing NGR: SE6451928984

This List entry has been amended to add the source for War Memorials Online. This source was not used in the compilation of this List entry but is added here as a guide for further reading, 27 October 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 469283

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Websites
War Memorials Online, accessed 27 October 2017 from https://www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk/memorial/177084

End of official listing