CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1119773

Date first listed: 19-Jun-1998

Statutory Address: CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, FOUR ELMS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119773 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 02:57:21.

Location

Statutory Address: CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, FOUR ELMS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks (District Authority)

Parish: Hever

National Grid Reference: TQ 46753 48448

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 44 NE HEVER FOUR ELMS

771/49/10056 Congregational Church

II

Congregational chapel. Circa 1830 with later C19 side chapel. Classical style. Main building is of red brick with grey headers but front is stuccoed; slate roof. This has a moulded pediment and plain cornice supported on four pilasters with central doorcase with cornice and moulded architrave and double doors with fielded panels (6 in all).Side elevation of 4 bays has round-headed windows with original cast iron multi-paned fixed casements divided by cornice with pilasters. Rear has oculus and original lean-to extension with 8-pane sash window, probably a vestry. Attached to the north is a late C19 side chapel of brick and pebbledash with slate roof This has a projecting pedimented gable with round-headed window to front, round-headed doorcase with double doors, 3 cambered sashes to side elevation and oculus to rear. Interior of original building has plain wooden gallery to west and tongue and groove panelling to dado height. This chapel is of similar style and date to Westerham Congregational Chapel, dated 1839, and may be by the same hand.





Listing NGR: TQ4753046143

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 469327

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing