THE COURTYARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1119868

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1956

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: THE COURTYARD, 1,2,3,4,4A,5,6 AND 7

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE COURTYARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119868 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 17:29:16.

Location

Statutory Address: THE COURTYARD, 1,2,3,4,4A,5,6 AND 7

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Tincleton

National Grid Reference: SY 78171 92159

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TINCLETON SY 79 SE CLYFFE HOUSE

9/163 Nos 1, 2, 3, 4, 4a, 5, 6, and 7 The Courtyard (formerly 26.1.56 listed under Clyffe House)

GV II

Former service range to Clyffe House, now converted to 8 residential units. Built 1842, architect Benjamin Ferrey: converted c1980. Brick walls with some stone dressings. Slate roofs, with coped gables. Some brick stacks with octagonal shafts (on south range), some plain stacks on north and east ranges. 3 ranges round a courtyard, attached to Clyffe House on east. Part 2-storey, part one storey and attic. Main south range has, at left end, a slightly projecting gabled wing, buttressed. This has a 4-light stone mullioned window on ground floor and a similar 3-light window in attic, lancet shaped recess above this. Right of this wing, a C20 door in original opening with fanlight. Ground floor has one 4-light and one 3-light mullioned and transomed window and one 2-light mullioned window under hoodmould. Single light window under eaves. Attic has 3 gabled dormers with mullioned windows one 3-light and two 2-light. Within the courtyard the design is less formal. Entrances to the units have brick 4-centred arched doorways with C20 doors. Most windows sashes with glazing bars. Some casements. Entrance to courtyard from north, under a single-storey block linking north and east ranges. (RCHM Monument 2 Dorset Vol III)

Listing NGR: SY7817192159

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 106352

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1970)

End of official listing