PAMPHILL CHURCH OF ENGLAND FIRST SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1120192

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1955

Statutory Address: PAMPHILL CHURCH OF ENGLAND FIRST SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAMPHILL CHURCH OF ENGLAND FIRST SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1120192 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 08:03:00.

Location

Statutory Address: PAMPHILL CHURCH OF ENGLAND FIRST SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: East Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Pamphill

National Grid Reference: ST 99284 00452

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5193 PAMPHILL LITTLE PAMPHILL Pamphill Church of England First School ST 90 SE 3/60 18.3.55 II 2. Built 1698 by Roger Gillingham of the Middle Temple as a school and almshouses, these latter now incorporated in the school. Brick walls, tiled roofs with stone eaves courses and parapets with moulded brick copings. Single storey. Long almshouse range with taller schoolroom block in centre, at right angles, forming a T-shaped plan. Schoolroom has ledged door in classical stone surround with curved broken pediment. Two tall windows with glazing bars each side of this. Above the doorway, an inscribed stone plaque. Gable above this rendered, with blocked circular Window. The former almshouse wings each side of the schoolroom each have four ledged doors and four casement windows with lead lights. Plat band above window heads. Various modern additions at rear. RCHM Monument 3.

Listing NGR: ST9928400452

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 107285

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing