This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List entry Number: 1120466

Location

PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: Purbeck

District Type: District Authority

Parish: East Lulworth

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 20-Nov-1959

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 108603

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY8582 EAST LULWORTH LULWORTH PARK 16/144 20.11.59 Parish Church of St Andrew GV II*

Parish Church. Tower late C15, rest rebuilt 1864, Architect John Hicks. Rubble stone walls, tiled roofs with parapets to gables. Nave, chancel, south porch and west tower. Tower of 4 stages, with battlemented parapets and corner pinnacles. Corbel table below parapet. Angle buttresses with pinnacles finishing at base of belfry. Tall narrow traceried windows to belfry. Large stone corbels between these. Two-light windows in lowest stage. Body of church in Gothic Revival style. Two-light traceried windows to nave and chancel. Tower arch of depressed four-centred form, with canopied niches each side. Font C15 - octagonal with panelled sides. C18 carved Royal Arms in chancel. Hatchment on south wall. Other fittings C19. Good tower. Several C18 headstones in churchyard, some with good lettering. RCHM Monument 1.



Listing NGR: SY8537682079

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 12 Dorset,

National Grid Reference: SY 85376 82079

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1120466 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 09:32:06.

End of official listing