FORMER CHURCH OF THE HOLY ROOD (NOW REDUNDANT)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1120491

Date first listed: 20-Nov-1959

Statutory Address: FORMER CHURCH OF THE HOLY ROOD (NOW REDUNDANT), CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER CHURCH OF THE HOLY ROOD (NOW REDUNDANT)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1120491 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 03:13:33.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER CHURCH OF THE HOLY ROOD (NOW REDUNDANT), CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: Purbeck (District Authority)

Parish: Coombe Keynes

National Grid Reference: SY 84261 84105

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 8484 14/99 COOMBE KEYNES CHURCH LANE 20.11.59 (East Side)

former Church of the Holy Rood (now Redundant)

II

Redundant church. Tower C13, rest of church rebuilt 1860-61. Architect Thomas Hicks. Stone walls, stone slate roofs with coped gables. Nave, chancel, north porch and west tower. Tower of two stages with pyramidal roof and shallow clasping angle buttresses. Simple lancet windows - those in upper stage with pierced stone panels. South wall of nave has four plain lancet windows, with intermediate buttresses. Chancel has two similar windows. North elevations similar, but with porch replacing one nave window. Porch has pointed arched doorway with lancet window over. Internally, roof of pine, of trussed rafter form, with arch-braced trusses. Some C18 graveslabs in floor. C13 chancel arch - re-set. Most furnishings removed. North wall to churchyard of brick, former boundary with The Old Parsonage. RCHM Monument 1.



Listing NGR: SY8426184105

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 108558

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing