This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COURT FARM COTTAGES, INCLUDING STABLE AND GRANARY AT EAST END.

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COURT FARM COTTAGES, INCLUDING STABLE AND GRANARY AT EAST END.

List entry Number: 1120598

Location

COURT FARM COTTAGES, INCLUDING STABLE AND GRANARY AT EAST END., SOUTHBROOK

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: Purbeck

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bere Regis

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Nov-1959

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 108308

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 8494 BERE REGIS SOUTHBROOK, EAST SIDE

13/33 Court Farm Cottages, including stable and granary 20/11/59 at east end.

II Pair of cottages - formerly one house. On site of former Manor House and incorporating part of its outbuildings. Late C17 origin, enlarged in C18 and early C19. Walls - original section of rubble stone,later sections of brick, partly plastered. Tiled roofs, south gable with moulded brick coping and stone stack. Brick stacks in later sections. L-shaped plan. 2 storeys. West range - incorporating the earliest section - has C20 glazed door. Ground floor has one casement window with glazing bars and one C20 metal casement. First floor has 3 casement windows with glazing bars. C19 east wing has timber casements in north wall and metal casements in south wall. Cast iron pump on rear wall of west range. Interior modernised. Detached stable immediately adjoining east wing, of brick with tiled roof. Adjoining this, a C18 granary on staddle stones, of brick with ½-hipped tiled roof, - this appears on a drawing of 1786. RCHM Monument 33.

Listing NGR: SY8489594669

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1970)

National Grid Reference: SY 84895 94669

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1120598 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 08:09:58.

End of official listing