LITTLE PIX HALL AND ATTACHED WALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1120929

Date first listed: 09-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Jun-1989

Statutory Address: LITTLE PIX HALL AND ATTACHED WALL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE PIX HALL AND ATTACHED WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1120929 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 13:03:04.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE PIX HALL AND ATTACHED WALL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells (District Authority)

Parish: Hawkhurst

National Grid Reference: TQ7351530833

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HAWKHURST HIGH STREET TQ 73 SW (north side) 9/346 Little Pix Hall and attached wall (formerly 9.6.52 listed as Pixhall) - II House. C16, altered early C18. Timber framed, clad and extended with red brick on ground floor and tile hanging on first floor with plain tiled roof. Garden front (the principal elevation) 2 storeys with boxed eaves to roof with stacks to end left, to centre left and projecting and offset at end right. Three tripartite glazing bar sashes on first floor with glazing bar sash to centre right, and 3 glazing bar sashes on ground floor with half-glazed door with Gothick Y-tracery to centre right with flat cornice hood on large brackets and fluted pilaster surround. Left return with small hipped wing and larger C20 rear one, portions of English bond brickwork and sandstone base, C20 conservatory to right. Present main entry by panelled door in columned porch in mid C20 rear wing. Interior: large C18 inglenook dated in Roman characters 1732; C18 stair with stick balus- ters, turned newels and ramped handrail, and clasped purlin (originally Queen- strut) roof. The end right and rear sections of the house especially with surviving exposed frame of large scantling with curved tension bracing and gun- stock jowls, with added framed stairwell extension. Chamfered mullioned window exposed in rear wall. Cellars. Attached and projecting from end left a section of wall about 6 feet high, extending some 20 yards and including a boarded gate.

Listing NGR: TQ7353231088

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 169696

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing