This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PARK HOUSE, NORTH EAST OF BRANDLING HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARK HOUSE, NORTH EAST OF BRANDLING HOUSE

List entry Number: 1121875

Location

PARK HOUSE, NORTH EAST OF BRANDLING HOUSE, B 1318

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Newcastle upon Tyne

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: North Gosforth

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Mar-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 304978

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 27 SW NORTH GOSFORTH B1318 (east side) Gosforth Park 4/58 Park House, north east of Brandling House. G.V. II Steward's house, now racecourse manager's house. Circa 1760; probably by James Paine; for Charles Brandling. Coursed squared sandstone with plinth and quoins; rear extension snecked sandstone; graduated Lakeland slate roof to main part, Welsh slate roofs to wings and rear extension. 2 storeys, 3 bays and wings of one storey, 2 bays; open-pedimented centre. Partly-glazed 4-panel door inserted at left; blocked central door with inserted sash; sash at right and 3 on first floor, all with voussoirs except for central round-headed window. 3 stone pigeon ledges in pediment. Similar windows in wings. All windows renewed sashes with glazing bars. Main roof has 2 ashlar-corniced yellow brick end chimneys and one at rear. Hipped wing roofs; inserted dormer at right. Interior shows 6-panel doors, some with moulded beading to fielded panels; deep panelled reveal. to principal ground-floor room which has egg-and-dart moulded window surrounds and moulded shutters.

Listing NGR: NZ2492771326

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 24927 71326

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1121875 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 07:08:02.

End of official listing